Client: Magic Shop Archive and Restoration Studio
The Magic Shop recording studio (originally based in Soho, NYC for 28 years - now in DUMBO, Brooklyn) was home to hundreds of recording artists like David Bowie, Foo Fighters, Sonic Youth, Ramones, Blondie, Coldplay, Arcade Fire and many more. Owner Steve Rosenthal is a four time Grammy Award-winner having produced, mixed and restored archival projects for Woody Guthrie, Alan Lomax, Jelly Roll Morton, Harry Nilsson, Billy Joel, Sam Cooke, Frank Sinatra and The Rolling Stones. Steve has also produced and engineered new music for Lou Reed, Natalie Merchant, Suzanne Vega, Dave Van Ronk, Laura Nyro, Charles Brown and Ollabelle. For seventeen years, Steve and his wife Jennifer Gilson owned and operated The Living Room, New York’s iconic singer-songwriter venue.
- Curated content for events and programming including Sony listening party, Living Room concert.
- Website design and content development
- Led creative direction and project supervision on archival collection planning including the Caffe Lena audio collection and the Erroll Garner audio collection.
- Project management, marketing leading to coverage in New York Times
- Planned collaborative panels at the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) Conference, Library of Congress, Audio Engineer Society, Skidmore College, Monterey Jazz Festival, New York Times Summer Institute